SSR 2017 Grants and Awards
The following grants, fellowships, and awards are specific to the SSR Annual Meeting. For other reproductive sciences meetings, please visit the Scholarships and Awards page.
These grants and fellowships are intended to defray the costs associated with traveling to and presenting at the SSR Annual Meeting for those reproductive biologists who have limited funding or who are members of an underrepresented minority.
- Larry Ewing Memorial Trainee Travel Fund (LEMTTF): Provides travel assistance for SSR Trainees to attend and present their research results at the SSR Annual Meeting. Supported by donations, grant monies from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD/NIH, and the sale of Annual Meeting t-shirts.
- Burroughs Wellcome Travel Fellowships: Provide reimbursement of meeting registration and limited additional expenses for underrepresented minority trainees and junior (non-tenured) faculty in the U.S. or Canada.
- FASEB MARC Travel Awards (anticipated): Provide funding for travel awards to encourage and support the participation of underrepresented students and postdoctoral fellows at scientific meetings.
These awards recognize the best research presented by SSR Trainees at the SSR Annual Meeting. The Awards Committee evaluates the abstracts entered in each competition according to that competition's objectives and criteria.
- Trainee Research Awards: Recognize the three best posters and the three best short oral talk presentations. Supported by SSR.
- USDA–NIFA–AFRI Merit Awards: Recognize research that benefits or enhances scientific understanding of reproduction in agriculturally important species. Supported by a grant from USDA–NIFA–AFRI.
- Lalor Foundation Merit Awards: Recognize the most meritorious, well-interpreted, and significant research presented by Trainees. Supported by a grant from The Lalor Foundation.
- Asia-Pacific Biomedical Research Foundation Merit Awards: Recognizes the best abstracts from Korea.
- Current Meeting
- Future Meetings
- Past Meetings
Sat, 06 May 2017
Sun, 18 June 2017
Thu, 13 July 2017
Wed, 27 September 2017
Fri, 13 October 2017
Sun, 16 September 2018