SSR Distinguished Service Award
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated unselfish service and leadership in advancing the discipline of reproductive biology.
- Evidence of service to the discipline, such as organization of meetings, provision of reagents, participation in public advisory groups, contributions to public relations or communications with lay support groups, and related activities.
- Evidence for training predoctoral and/or postdoctoral fellows in reproductive biology. Emphasis should be given to trainees who have attained positions of leadership.
- Evidence of leadership positions in reproductive biology, such as offices in the Society for the Study of Reproduction and related organizations, editorial boards, and national and international review committees.
- Evidence of a productive career in research. Of particular importance are insights resulting from studies of the nominee that pioneered new areas of significant research in reproductive biology.
Current Regular and Emeritus members of the Society may nominate an individual for the SSR Distinguished Service Award. To submit a nomination, send an abbreviated version of the nominee’s curriculum vitae consisting of:
- professional positions held,
- honors received,
- special appointments,
- peer-reviewed papers published, and
- the most recent five review articles published.
These documents should be sent electronically by email and be accompanied by:
- a letter of nomination and
- two supporting letters from other individuals.
Send nominating materials by 1 December 2013 to:
Jennifer Wood, Chair
SSR Awards Committee
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org