Diversity Committee (formerly Minority Affairs)
The Diversity Committee, composed of five or more Members of the Society, shall work to enhance participation by minorities in the Society and in the field of reproductive sciences. Minorities shall be defined as underrepresented groups including, but not limited to, members of racial and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities. The Committee shall report on the status of minorities in the Society to the Board of Directors. The Chair shall work with the Chairs of the Membership, Program, Nominating, Awards, and Education Committees, with the appropriate ad hoc Committee Chairs, and with Society Officers to enhance participation of minorities in Society activities including participation on Committees.
The purpose of the Diversity Committee is to provide a mechanism for communication between members of the Diversity Committee and the SSR members who self-identify as underrepresented; to facilitate access to resources available to underrepresented members of SSR; and to provide a physical resource where issues of concern to underrepresented members of SSR can be raised for discussion.
Jennifer A. Hernandez-Gifford (Chair)
Ryan L. Ashley (Co-chair)
Gerialisa Caesar (Trainee)
Wei-an Lai (Trainee)
Carol Linder (Past Chair)
- Diversity Committee-Sponsored Activities at SSR 2014.
- Diversity Committee SOP (limited access)
- Assessment of NIH Minority Research and Training Programs: Phase 3 (2005). Published by National Academies Press.
- FASEB MARC (Minority Access to Research Careers)
- FASEB MARC Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP). SSR Member Michael Palladino, Ph.D., has volunteered to be a host mentor for this program.
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships
- Frontiers in Reproduction. Sponsored by the Marine Biological Laboratory.
- Our Members
- News & Public Affairs
- Support SSR
- Contact Us