Nominations for membership may be made only by Regular members of the Society. A nominee will be accepted to membership upon approval by the Membership Committee; membership will be activated upon payment of dues. Application for membership shall consist of the completed Nomination Form and supporting documents as described below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If dues are submitted at the time of application, nominees will be given a temporary membership pending review by the Membership Committee.
New Member Application forms may be downloaded here; membership is on a calendar-year basis only:
- 2014 Membership Application Form (membership begins 1 January 2014)
- 2013 Membership Application Form (membership expires 31 December 2013)
- Conferred by the Membership Committee on the basis of scientific productivity and continuing interest in the field of reproduction or related areas.
- A nominee must have a doctorate or demonstrate its equivalent in scientific accomplishments.
- The nominee must include a bibliography of published papers in the area of reproduction, including full title, authors, and journal citation, that meets the following criteria:
- Within the previous six years, a minimum of three publications with the nominee as first or last author, or five publications with the nominee as first or last author of at least one (abstracts excluded).
- If a paper is in press, a copy of the letter of acceptance for that publication must accompany the Nomination Form.
- Nominees citing papers published in a language other than English must submit one reprint of each article for proper evaluation.
- The Membership Committee may, at its discretion, waive the publication requirement for individuals engaged in administrative capacities that are of great relevance to the area of reproductive research.
- The nominee must send the completed Nomination Form and list of publications to the SSR Business Office.
- Individuals who are research associates or senior technicians and are engaged in research activities in the area of reproduction.
- Individuals interested in the science of reproductive biology but not actively engaged in research.
- Individuals engaged in full-time clinical practice who have not published and do not expect to publish in the area of reproduction.
- The nominee must send the completed Nomination Form to the SSR Business Office. A publications list is not required.
- Any student in training in the field of reproductive biology who has been recommended by a Regular member is eligible for Trainee membership.
- Trainee nominees must provide a letter from their major professor or mentor verifying trainee status.
Regular Members in retirement with at least ten years of regular membership in the society may petition the Executive Director to have the Board of Directors grant them emeritus status. For more information please see the Emeritus page.
An individual or firm connected to or interested in the advancement of knowledge about human and animal reproduction is eligible for Sustaining membership. Please contact the SSR Business Office for more information.