SSR New Investigator Award
This award recognizes an active, regular member of the Society for outstanding research completed and published within 12 years after receiving the Ph.D. or other equivalent professional degree. The Awards Committee will consider the originality of the research, the significance and impact of the research in reproductive sciences or allied fields, and the degree to which the nominee's research was independent of that of a mentor. The nomination should be accompanied by letters of recommendation from two senior colleagues and/or scientific collaborators. The recipient of the Award will have the honor of presenting his/her research during the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Society and at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Society for Reproduction and Fertility.
- Originality; conceptual breakthrough.
- Contribution and significance to the field, particularly to reproductive sciences.
- Contribution and significance to allied fields of investigation.
- Development of an important new methodology, technology, or clinical procedure with clear applications in basic research, animal, or human clinical practice or assisted reproductive technologies.
- Recommendations attesting to the originality and significance of the research.
Current Regular and Emeritus members of the Society may nominate an individual for the SSR New Investigator Award. To submit a nomination, send an abbreviated version of the nominee’s curriculum vitae consisting of:
- professional positions held,
- honors received,
- special appointments,
- peer-reviewed papers published, and
- the most recent five review articles published.
These documents should be sent electronically by email and be accompanied by:
- a letter of nomination and
- two supporting letters from other individuals.
Send nominating materials by 1 December 2013 to:
Jennfer Wood, Chair
SSR Awards Committee
e-mail : email@example.com