SSR Research Award
This award recognizes an active, regular member of the Society for outstanding research published during the previous six years. The Awards Committee will consider the significance of problems under investigation, the breadth and depth of the analyses performed, and the level of originality manifested in the publications of this work.
- Pioneered in the development of novel and significant areas of knowledge including the development of innovative hypotheses during research.
- Developed new knowledge in a creative manner and with independent insight.
- Created new knowledge which served as a foundation for expanding our understanding of reproductive biology and/or for the application of knowledge to technology.
- Experimental Practices
- Developed new and superior experimental methodologies.
- Formulated experimental designs that permitted the derivation of unambiguous conclusions and concepts.
- Communicated research results to the scientific community with clarity through timely presentation at scientific meetings and by publication in high-quality journals.
- Provided essential contributions in team research endeavors.
- Recognized as an innovator and scholar by peers as evidenced by other scientific awards and invitations to participate in scholarly activities, such as symposia.
- Shared research experience willingly and unselfishly with the scientific community through activities, such as providing expert advice, sharing new techniques, or providing unique reagents.
- Other Activities
- This award is given for research excellence. However, the requirement that the nominee be an "active, regular member of the Society" implies participation in the activities of the Society for the Study of Reproduction (see SSR's Service List).
Submit a Nomination
Current Regular and Emeritus members of the Society may nominate an individual for the SSR Research Award. Click here for the online nomination form. In addition to filling in text fields, you will be asked to attach the following documents:
- At least two supporting letters from other individuals, each no longer than 4 pages.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): The CV should include
- professional positions held,
- overview of research focus and seminal accomplishments,
- honors/awards received,
- invited lectures/workshops/symposia,
- extramural funding/grant support,
- all peer-reviewed publications and reviews from the last 6 years as well as publications that exemplify the criteria of the award (indicate the total number of publications at the beginning of this section).
Contact Rebecca Krisher, Chair, SSR Awards Committee, with questions about the award.
2017: Masahito Ikawa, Ph.D.
2016: Michael J. Soares, Ph.D.
2015: Haifan Lin, Ph.D.
2014: Peter J. Hansen, Ph.D.
2013: Thomas E. Spencer, Ph.D.
2012: Sylvie Breton, Ph.D.
2011: Francesco J. DeMayo, Ph.D.
2010: Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Ph.D.
2009: Richard M. Schultz, Ph.D.
2008: Randy Prather, Ph.D.
2007: Richard Stouffer, Ph.D.
2006: Michael D. Griswold, Ph.D.
2005: Mary Hunzicker-Dunn, Ph.D.
2004: Keith L. Parker, M.D., Ph.D. (memorial)
2003: Marco Conti, M.D.
2002: Martin M. Matzuk, M.D., Ph.D.
2001: Sudhansu K. Dey, Ph.D.
2000: Norman B. Hecht, Ph.D. (memorial)
1999: John J. Eppig, Ph.D. (endowment fund)
1998: Geula Gibori, Ph.D.
1997: Douglas M. Stocco, Ph.D.
1996: Eli Y. Adashi, M.D.
1995: David Garbers, Ph.D.
1994: William W. Thatcher, Ph.D.
1993: Frank Talamantes Jr., Ph.D.
1992: Jerome F. Strauss III, M.D., Ph.D.
1991: Neal L. First, Ph.D. (memorial)
1990: Fuller W. Bazer, Ph.D. and R. Michael Roberts, Ph.D.
1989: JoAnne S. Richards, Ph.D.
1988: Gordon D. Niswender, Ph.D.
1987: Fred J. Karsch, Ph.D.
1986: Aaron J.W. Hsueh, Ph.D.
1985: Lutz Birnbaumer, Ph.D.
1984: Charles A. Barraclough, Ph.D. (memorial)
1983: Roger A. Gorski, Ph.D.
1982: Ryuzo Yanagimachi, Ph.D.
1981: Gary D. Hodgen, Ph.D.
1980: Fernand Labrie, M.D., Ph.D.
1979: James H. Clark, Ph.D.
1978: Cornelia P. Channing, Ph.D. (memorial)
- Our Members
- News & Public Affairs
- Support SSR
- Contact Us
Sat, 06 May 2017
Fri, 12 May 2017
Sun, 18 June 2017
Thu, 13 July 2017
Wed, 27 September 2017
Fri, 13 October 2017
Tue, 10 July 2018