SSR Research Award
This award recognizes an active, regular member of the Society for outstanding research published during the previous six years. The Awards Committee will consider the significance of problems under investigation, the breadth and depth of the analyses performed, and the level of originality manifested in the publications of this work.
- Pioneered in the development of novel and significant areas of knowledge.
- Developed new knowledge in a creative manner and with independent insight.
- Created new knowledge which served as a foundation for expanding our understanding of reproductive biology and/or for the application of knowledge to technology.
- Experimental Practices
- Developed innovative hypotheses during research.
- Developed new and superior experimental methodologies.
- Formulated experimental designs that permitted the derivation of unambiguous conclusions and concepts.
- Communicated research results to the scientific community with clarity through timely presentation at scientific meetings and by publication in high quality journals.
- Provided essential contributions in team research endeavors.
- Recognized as an innovator and scholar by peers as evidenced by other scientific awards and invitations to participate in scholarly activities, such as symposia.
- Shared research experience willingly and unselfishly with the scientific community through activities, such as providing expert advice, sharing new techniques, or providing unique reagents.
- Other Activities
- This award is given for research excellence. However, the requirement that the nominee be an “active, regular member of the Society” implies participation in the activities of the Society for the Study of Reproduction.