In addition to the scientific program, a variety of social events will be available to Meeting participants.
- Opening Reception
- Senior/Emeritus Breakfast
- Trainee/Mentor Luncheon
- Rockin’ “M” Ranch Excursion
- Food Services
Saturday, 21 July, 7:00–9:00 pm (free/$20). Institute of Texan Cultures.
All Meeting Registrants are entitled to one free ticket to the Opening Reception; additional tickets are available for $20/ticket. The menu for the reception includes:
- Beef & Chicken Fajitas: warmed corn and flour tortillas served with grilled marinated beef and chicken; pico de gallo, sour cream, salsa fresca, salsa verde, guacamole, and sauteéed sweet peppers and onion
- Prairie Fire: hot bean dip topped with jack cheese and picante salsa
- Chile Con Queso: Mexican-style cheese dip offered with corn and flour tortilla chips
- Marinated Jicama & Carrot Curls: served with roasted red pepper dip
- Tropical Fruit: cantaloupe, honeydew, watermellon, strawberries, pineapple, citrus, red & green grapes, served with honey mint sauce
- Buñuelos & Churros: with mango crème
- Agua Frescas: refreshing punch made with fresh summer fruit
- Drink Tickets: two per person
Sunday 22 July, 7:00–8:00 am ($15)
This year the SSR’s Emeritus Committee has chosen to recognize a pioneer member, Dr. Robert Melampy, for his contributions to Reproductive Biology. Dr. Melampy was a charter member of the SSR and served as the Society’s first President. The tribute will consist of a brief presentation describing not only his research contributions but, more importantly, his philosophy regarding experimentation and his mentoring of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. This presentation will be made by Dr. Bill Day, one of Dr. Melampy’s first graduate students.
Sunday 22 July, 11:30 am–1:00 pm ($15)
This event is for Trainees only; only 175 seats will be available. The luncheon provides Trainee participants with the opportunity to talk to an SSR scientist about careers and science during a catered lunch. Further information about the Trainee/Mentor Luncheon is available on the Trainee/Mentor Luncheon page.
Monday 23 July, 5:45 pm–midnight ($85)
Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to visit the Rockin’ “M” Ranch, a six-generation ranch nestled in the Texas Hill Country. Air-conditioned coaches will leave the Marriott Rivercenter at 5:45 pm for an evening of hayrides, music and dancing. The South Texas Creek-Side Buffet will include:
- Two Drink Tickets
- Down Home Potato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Country Style Green Beans
- Potato Mashers
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Texas Style Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce
- Sweet and Spicy Paco Pickles
- Jalapeno Sweet Corn Muffins and
- Country Peach Cobbler.
There will also be a Cash Bar with Premium Well Cocktails, Imported and Domestic Beer, Wine by the Glass, Mineral Water and Soft Drinks.
Tuesday 24 July, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm (Dinner), 9:00 pm–midnight (Dance) ($25 Trainees, $40 non-Trainees). Sunset Station.
An authentic Texas barbecue will cap off the Annual Meeting. The menu includes:
- Salad: tossed salad greens with tomatoes, served with homemade ranch and Italian dressing
- Chicken Breast drizzled with lime cilantro cream sauce
- Barbecued Beef Brisket
- Borracho Beans
- White Confetti Rice
- Jalapeño Corn Muffins
- Assorted Dinner Rolls with creamery butter
- Dessert: sweet potato pie
- Beverage: iced tea and iced water
- Drink Tickets: two per person, good for hand shaken margaritas, domestic beer, wine, sodas, and water
Continental breakfasts will be served in the Grand Ballroom Foyer of the Marriott Rivercenter, outside of the poster display area and near the exhibits, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Sunday; and from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings.
Visit one of the many restaurants lining the San Antonio Riverwalk for lunch with your friends and colleagues. Boxed lunches will not be available.
Refreshments will be served in the Grand Ballroom Foyer at the Marriott. Breaks are scheduled as follows:
|Sunday 22 July:||9:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m.|
|4:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.|
|Monday 23 July:||9:30 a.m.–10:00 a.m.|
|4:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday 24 July:||9:30 a.m.–10:00 a.m.|
|4:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday 25 July:||9:30 a.m.–10:00 a.m.|