This award recognizes an active, regular member of the Society who has demonstrated unselfish service and leadership in advancing the discipline of reproductive biology. The letter of nomination should be accompanied by two supporting letters from other individuals. See procedures for guidelines regarding length of the nomination and supporting letters. Letters of nomination should specifically address each of the criteria for this award, as described below.
In submitting nominations for the Jansen SSR Distinguished Leadership and Service award, the following criteria (in order of importance) will be considered:
- Evidence of service to the discipline, such as organization of meetings, provision of reagents, participation in public advisory groups, contributions to public relations or communications with lay support groups, and related activities.
- Evidence of leadership positions in reproductive biology, such as offices in the Society for the Study of Reproduction and related organizations, editorial boards, and national and international review committees.
- Evidence of training predoctoral and/or postdoctoral fellows in reproductive biology. Emphasis should be placed on trainees who have attained positions of leadership.
- Evidence of a productive career in research. Of particular importance are insights resulting from studies of the nominee that pioneered new areas of significant research in reproductive biology.
PROCEDURE: Members of the Society have the privilege and responsibility of nominating individuals for these awards. The process is straightforward. If more than one person is nominating, one person should be designated as the primary Nominator for future communications and be the sender of the following:
- A letter of nomination, no more than 4 pages in length.
- No more than two supporting letters from other individuals, each no longer than 2 pages in length. The Trainee Mentoring award may have up to four supporting letters, each no longer than 2 pages in length.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). The CV may be streamlined/ shortened to focus on the criteria for the award under consideration, and should include:
- professional positions held
- overview of research focus and seminal accomplishments
- honors/awards received
- special appointments (e.g. administrative positions, editorships)
- invited lectures/workshops/symposia
- extramural funding/grant support
- peer-reviewed publications and reviews that exemplify the criteria of the award (indicate the total number of publications at the beginning of this section)
View previous SSR Jansen Distinguished Leadership and Service Award recipients HERE