This award recognizes an active, regular member of the Society for outstanding research published during the previous six years. The Awards Committee will consider the significance of problems under investigation, the breadth and depth of the analyses performed, and the level of originality manifested in the publications of this work. The recipient of this award will have the honor of presenting his/her research during the annual meeting of the SSR in July 2018 and of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine in October 2018.
- Pioneered in the development of novel and significant areas of knowledge including the development of innovative hypotheses during research.
- Developed new knowledge in a creative manner and with independent insight.
- Created new knowledge which served as a foundation for expanding our understanding of reproductive biology and/or for the application of knowledge to technology.
- Experimental Practices
- Developed new and superior experimental methodologies.
- Formulated experimental designs that permitted the derivation of unambiguous conclusions and concepts.
- Communicated research results to the scientific community with clarity through timely presentation at scientific meetings and by publication in high-quality journals.
- The nominee provided essential contributions in team research endeavors.
- The nominee is recognized as an innovator and scholar by her/his peers as evidenced by other scientific awards and invitations to participate in scholarly activities, such as symposia.
- The nominee shared her/his research experience willingly and unselfishly with the scientific community through activities, such as providing expert advice, sharing new techniques, or providing unique reagents.
This award is given for research excellence. However, the requirement that the nominee be an "active, regular member of the Society" implies participation in the activities of the Society for the Study of Reproduction (see SSR's Service List).